In this blog, we have discussed the main problem most people experience in their computers – Bluetooth speakers with no sound. So, if you’re wondering how to fix the issue of a Bluetooth speaker if it’s connected to the computer, but there’s no sound, you’re at the right place.
To start with, we carried out simple tests, making sure that both the power source of the speaker had been turned on. Then, we explored Bluetooth connectivity issues, exploring steps such as reconnecting and resynchronizing the speaker.
After that, we looked into the importance of drivers and sound options and stressed that they must always be up-to-date. Also described was how to select and test sound outputs in an attempt to locate the underlying cause. Some of these solutions included firmware updates to resolve these issues. Lastly, if everything else fails, reach out to customer support.
This blog will guide you through the stepwise process of how to quickly and easily troubleshoot and solve your PC’s Bluetooth speaker issue without getting computer repair services.
Learn How To Fix Bluetooth Speaker Connected to Computer with No Sound Issues
Here’s how to fix the issue of a Bluetooth speaker if it’s connected to the computer but there’s no sound.
Reconnecting Your Bluetooth Speaker
Sometimes, your computer’s Bluetooth connection can drop, resulting in a connected speaker with no sound. The solution here is simple: reconnect the speaker.
- Turn Off and On: Disable Bluetooth on your computer and turn it back on. This can refresh the connection.
- Reconnect: In your Bluetooth settings, disconnect the speaker and then pair it again.
Forget and Re-pair Your Speaker
If reconnecting doesn’t work, you can try forgetting the speaker and pairing it again. This can resolve issues related to corrupted Bluetooth profiles.
- Forget Device: In your computer’s Bluetooth settings, locate the speaker and choose “Forget this device.”
- Pair Again: Now, pair the speaker as if it’s a new device.
Driver and Software Issues
Check Sound Settings
Let’s shift our focus to the computer’s sound settings. Incorrect settings or outdated drivers can be the root cause of the problem.
- Access Sound Settings: Navigate to your computer’s sound settings. On Windows, right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray and select “Open Sound settings.” On Mac, go to “System Preferences”> “Sound.”
- Check Default Playback Device: Ensure the Bluetooth speaker is set as the default playback device.
Update or Reinstall Drivers
Outdated or corrupted drivers can be a reason for Bluetooth speaker issues. It’s essential to keep your Bluetooth and audio drivers up to date if you want to learn how to fix the issue of a Bluetooth speaker if it’s connected to the computer, but there’s no sound.
- Update on Windows
- Go to the manufacturer’s website for your computer or motherboard and download the latest Bluetooth and audio drivers.
- Install the downloaded drivers and restart your computer.
- Update on Mac
- Macs often handle driver updates automatically, but you can check for updates in the “Software Update” section of “System Preferences.”
Troubleshooting Sound Settings
Sound Output Selection
Your computer may still be trying to play sound through the built-in speakers or a different audio output device. Let’s make sure it knows where you want the sound to go.
- Choose the Bluetooth Speaker: In your sound settings, select the connected Bluetooth speaker as the output device to avoid issues with no sound.
Sometimes, you need to confirm whether the issue lies with the speaker, computer, or the audio source itself. Let’s do a sound test.
- Sample Sound: Play a sample sound or system sound to see if you hear anything from the Bluetooth speaker.
- Use Different Apps: Test the speaker with different applications, like music players or video streaming services.
Is Your Speaker Powered and Connected?
Now, you know how to fix the issue of a Bluetooth speaker if it’s connected to the computer, but there’s no sound. But let’s not miss the basics because they are often overlooked! Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is powered on and properly connected to your computer. It’s an easy oversight that can happen to anyone.
- Power Check: Ensure the speaker is turned on and has sufficient battery or is plugged into a power source.
- Connection Status: Verify that your computer recognizes the speaker as a connected device. On most devices, you can check this in the Bluetooth settings.
Let’s take a look at the advanced solutions for how to fix the issue of a Bluetooth speaker if it’s connected to the computer, but there’s no sound.
Bluetooth speakers often receive firmware updates that can resolve various issues, including sound problems. It’s crucial to keep your speaker’s firmware up to date.
- Check for Updates: Visit the manufacturer’s website or check the speaker’s dedicated app for firmware updates.
- Follow Instructions: If there’s an update available, follow the provided instructions to install it.
If all else fails and you still can’t figure out how to fix the issue of a Bluetooth speaker if it’s connected to the computer, but there’s no sound, it may be time to seek professional repair services from the manufacturer’s support team. They can offer personalized assistance and potentially diagnose hardware issues.
There you have it! A complete guide on how to fix the issue of a Bluetooth speaker if it’s connected to the computer, but there’s no sound. Fix sound issues These are straightforward methods that, if followed closely, will help you solve most of your Bluetooth speaker issues related to sound.
You will have no problems playing your favorite song or movies the next time you are ready to play or watch them. Keep in mind that technologies are sometimes weird, yet with some trick knowledge, you can overcome any audio troubles.
Therefore, crank it up, return to listening to your favorite track, and let your Bluetooth speaker blare!
If you would like to know how to clean up your computer to run Windows 11 faster, click here.